EOG - Feature request: preload next photo in a directory

Hi.
I like seeing my photo albums using EOG find it very convenient.
The problem is my computer is rather slow, so I am to wait some time to load a next photo.
This time is for about 5-8 seconds for high-resolution photos.
So, I have an idea how to decrease this time.

When loading and resizing of the current photo is completed, CPU have some idle time while I see this photo.
This time could be used to preload (load, decode and resize) the next photo in the directory.
Preloading should be optional (with checkbox in options) and could be done by a separate thread, for example.
In this case switching to the next photo will seems instantaneous.

Thank you in advance, you user,
                              Alex.