Re: Checking for Existence.

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 13:33 -0300, toy wrote:
> Hi,
Hi!

> I new here, and i was woundering if exist already a integration of Eye
> of Gnome with webapp like a Picasa(google). Surfing in google, i just
> found some tips how run Picasa using wine, but this is something that i
> really believe wasn't a true peguin's(linux) picasa integration or
> another photo album webapp.

Wasn't there even a native one using libwine or was that another
Google-app?

> To be honest do not even if this is most apropriate place to send this
> msg, exist division between user/devel list in EoG?
No, this list is for both.

> So, i am developer too and i want to help with anything that need help,
> the project have some To-Do list? are someone insteresting in make
> Picasa integration with EoG and Natilus? we can join forces.

Well, we had something resembling a ToDo-List on live.gnome.org[1], but
our pages there are quite out of date. You can also check GNOME's
Bugzilla[2] for open bugs and enhancements. If you are completely new to
GNOME JoinGnome[3] might be also worth a read.
Regarding webalbum integration. There exists a plugin for EOG that uses
Postr to upload your images to Flickr. Also, Conduit [3] has a plugin
for EOG which AFAIR would allow uploads to Picasa et al. I don't know
what's the status of that one though.
If these are not what you are looking for, you could as well start your
own plugin. Remember though that EOG's primary intention is to be a
(hopefully) quick image viewer with some additional features and not a
full-fledged photo-management-tool like gThumb or f-spot.

I hope I could help you for starters. :-)

Felix

[1]: http://live.gnome.org/EyeOfGnome
[2]: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=eog
[3]: http://live.gnome.org/JoinGnome