Re: Best practices for Python plugins

El lun, 09-06-2008 a las 16:04 -0700, Asheesh Laroia escribió:
> At CC, I'm working on a plugin to pull CC license metadata out of files in
> EOG and show it to the user.
>
> I read (and actually contributed to)
> http://live.gnome.org/EyeOfGnome/Plugins , but that documentation only
> covers installing the Python plugins to one's $HOME.
>
> Is it possible to install plugins on a system-wide basis?  I'm thinking
> it'd be swell to ship the plugin in the liblicense Debian package.  (I
> took a quick look at the code and it seems to only look in user's $HOMEs.)
>
> If not, is that planned?  Pretty-please? (-:

Quick reply: could you please take a look at the eog-plugins module in
GNOME SVN? There you'll find some plugins that are installed in
system-wide basis. You could even contribute your plugin for that
module, if you want to :-)

Thanks for improving the docs in the wiki.

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra gnome org>