Best practices for Python plugins

At CC, I'm working on a plugin to pull CC license metadata out of files in EOG and show it to the user.

I read (and actually contributed to) http://live.gnome.org/EyeOfGnome/Plugins , but that documentation only covers installing the Python plugins to one's $HOME.

Is it possible to install plugins on a system-wide basis? I'm thinking it'd be swell to ship the plugin in the liblicense Debian package. (I took a quick look at the code and it seems to only look in user's $HOMEs.)

If not, is that planned?  Pretty-please? (-:

-- Asheesh.

--
Only two groups of people fall for flattery -- men and women.