Plugin to view exif information

Hi guys,

i'm working in a plugin that show exif information over the image as a
new "transparent layer" (the information appear over image but not is
part of it). I thinking in recover the widget that shows the image and
create the transparent layer with cairo. My problem is that the API of
EogScrollView don't have method to recover the image (not EogImage, if
not the widget for obtain a cairo surface) or a surface for manipulate
it. It's necesary modify the EogScrollView API? Can I obtain this
surface of another way?

Thanks.