Re: Exif makernotes not shown?

Lutz Müller wrote:
I guess the problem is that EOG does not explicitly scan the MakerNote.
You need to patch EOG to use exif-data.h/exif_data_get_mnote_data and
the functions in exif-mnote-data.h. However, I am not sure that you
really want to show above results to an ordinary user. IMHO there is
some work to be done in libexif to fully understand the content of the
MakerNote.

I checked the source code (eog version 2.14.3) and there is no call to exif_data_get_mnote_data and friends. Only an empty "Maker Note" section is added to the view.

I modified the source code to display the makernotes in the view and it seems to work for me (read: no crash). Basically, I took the code from the exif commandline tool and added it to eog. I would to contribute my work, but don't know where and how. I don't have any experience with cvs and/or patches, so I'll need some documentation...