Re: Exif makernotes not shown?

Lutz Müller wrote:
On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 08:57 +0200, Jef Driesen wrote:
When I run this command on my system, I get very different results:

jef manta:~$ exif --show-mnote IMG_3485_small.jpg
(...)
Segmentation fault

So there is certainly something wrong here.

Already fixed in CVS (exif package). Get the CVS version if you plan to do
some work on the library.

The version from CVS works fine here. Thanks!

Is there some documentation how to add extra MakerNote tags to libexif?

As far as I know, Canon did not publish the specification of their
MakerNote tags. Therefore, you need to reverse engineer the contents. The
libexif source code that scans maker notes resides in
libexif/libexif/canon. Have a look at the files - they are not difficult
to read.

Seems not to difficult. Many tags are already documented from other projects (e.g. exiftools mentioned in the libexif), so reverse engineering is not always necessary.