Re: GNOME CVS: eog lutz

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Jens Finke wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Gnome CVS User wrote:
> Well, I don't know exactly what you are supposed to do, but my vision is
> to have a general full-screen view, not implemented for every single
> component. It should either be provided by the shell and fully
> transparent to the control or at least integrated to libeog and easy to
> implement for all controls.
>
> Please, if you work on this consider to move the funtionality to the
> shell. This would also enable fullscreen mode for the collection.

I had similar thoughts, but wanted to just restore full-screen mode for
now. If anybody has better ideas - great.

Questions that came into my mind:

(1) Do I want the functionality "full-screen" the control or the
shell?

I'd like to be able to view pictures in full-screen mode in GnoCam, too.
Therefore, in this case, it is the control that should provide the
functionality (as it is now). Or each program using eog has to implement
(= copy & paste) full-screen mode.

(2) What should the full-screen mode look like? Should there be
     * menus? It would be great to have menus that automatically pop up
       when the mouse moves to the top of the screen.
     * toolbars?
     * pop ups? This is why I separated menus and commands. Like that, the
       definition of popups (through bonobo) will be easy.
     * the same content? With the eog-image-viewer, there is just a
       picture. But I can imagine that other controls display other things
       in full-screen mode than in normal mode (as far as I can remember,
       MS-Word doesn't have scroll bars in full screen mode).

I don't know bonobo good enough to suggest some full-screen implementation
there.

Comments?

Lutz

                                                        \|||/
| Lutz Müller            +49 (7156) 34837        +---ooO-(_)-Ooo---+
| Hans-Sachs-Straße 5                                              |
| 71254 Ditzingen        http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Lutz.Mueller |
| Germany                urc8 rz uni-karlsruhe de                  |