Re: GNOME CVS: eog lutz

On 30 Jun 2001 13:06:40 +0200, Lutz Mueller wrote:

> Questions that came into my mind:
>
> (1) Do I want the functionality "full-screen" the control or the
> shell?
>
> I'd like to be able to view pictures in full-screen mode in GnoCam, too.
> Therefore, in this case, it is the control that should provide the
> functionality (as it is now). Or each program using eog has to implement
> (= copy & paste) full-screen mode.

Hmmm.  It may be cool to have a shlib control that takes another control
and creates a full-screen window for it.  The FS control would also
manage all the menus and stuff.

I don't know how tightly-woven the BonoboWindow stuff is with the UI
controller functionality.  Ideally you would be able to replace a
BonoboWindow for something else if it implemented some standard
interfaces.

> (2) What should the full-screen mode look like? Should there be
>      * menus? It would be great to have menus that automatically pop up
>        when the mouse moves to the top of the screen.

I don't like this very much.  It is not very different from maximizing
your toplevel window, anyways.

My idea of a full screen mode is when I say to myself, "I really don't
want any decorations or distractions around my data view".  Scrollbars
may be a necessary evil for the EOG image view, but they are optional
anyways.

  Federico