Thumbnail managing draft

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Jens Finke wrote:
> As Havoc suggested, I will prepare a first draft of a thumbnail
> specification and post it here. Then we can base our discussion on this
> paper.

Well, it's been some time ago now but I have finally written a first draft
about thumbnail managing.  You can find it also online at
http://triq.net/~pearl/thumbnail-spec/

I really would like to hear your comments on this. As outlined in the
paper, the functionality could be moved to helper libraries which hides
all this from the application. For GNOME the right place would be
gnome-vfs I think. Additionally there could be a bonobo service for this
like the one Federico mentioned in this mail:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/eog-list/2001-June/msg00009.html

Well, I am looking forward to your comments.

Regards,

   Jens