could somebody add a line in https://wiki.gnome.org/action/login/Community/GettingInTouch/IRC

Dear all,

I was looking at Oliver Propst's mail about being in the meeting. I
was trying to figure out how to connect to IRC and saw that there
doesn't seem to be a direct way to figure out how to connect for IRC.

To make it more clear,

If one just uses email link shared by Oliver, one goes to
https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/engagement-team-meetings

which didn't tell the server or the way to connect.

I had to look into
https://wiki.gnome.org/action/login/Community/GettingInTouch/IRC via
search-engine which should be linked to IMHO by default .

Also some info. in
https://wiki.gnome.org/action/login/Community/GettingInTouch/IRC is
missing.

For instance I use riot-web and actually wrote an article about it
some days back -

https://itsfoss.com/riot-desktop/

Anyways, the recipe to join via riot-desktop is/should be -

/join #_gimpnet_#engagement:matrix.org

I tried it out and yes it works,  the only thing which doesn't seem to
work is that the #engagement list doesn't seem to use the backup
logging feature/irc bouncer feature which people love riot-web for.

I tried to edit the info. but the page is locked and is probably open
to only few users
so whoever has the rights, please add the needful .

Some more info. -

I was looking to find info. on gimpnet and at least from mibbit.com it
seems to be running an EOLed ircd server, at least according to
mibbit.com

https://search.mibbit.com/networks/GIMPnet

https://www.unrealircd.org/docs/FAQ#What_is_the_current_version_and_when_will_next_version_be_released.3F

the irc bridge doesn't show much info. so don't really know.

http://paste.debian.net/1026060/

I also saw https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UnrealIRCd to get some idea
of the history of the project.

Look forward to know if somebody has more details.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल