Social Media Feedback

Hey all,

I wanted to make this response "official" considering the HUGE amount of feedback we got to continue to ramp up our social media presence. The top comments were: 1) demos and upcoming features and 2) upcoming releases. The biggest takeaways were: 1) The community wants to hear more from us and our projects, 2) the community wants to feel more involved.

So, I am going to try to increase our activity to 2 posts a day and maybe even include lighter stuff on the weekends - funny messages (like the gitlab issue we were discussing the other day). I would also appreciate the groups' inputs on how we can better highlight our Gitlab instance to bring developers and non-developers into the process - highlight creating feature requests and reporting bugs so that the community feels more involved.

Here is the summary of all the responses we got:

Content Feedback:
    Development features (Demos) +6
    Design Decisions +5
    More Puns
    More Posts in general
    Gnome.Org News
    Gnome4
    Polls/Surveys +1
    Spotlight Applications
    Community Extensions
    "This Week in GNOME"
    Automatic notice of posts on Planet GNOME

Other Feedback
    Post pictures of cute anime girls (um, probably not :P )
    Create Dispora and GNU Social Pod Accounts

Thanks!

Eric Hendricks
The IT Guy
Open Tracking