Sri
Link

== Roles ==
Chair: Nuritzi
PM: Sri
Secretary: Michael

== Agenda ==

 * Small event funding questions
  •  * Should we pre-pay them for expected expenses, or only reimburse after the event?
 * Engagement meeting note-taking process (Nuritzi)
 * Update on GitLab project for social media (Nuritzi)
*News publishing process note - (oliverp)
*Upcoming news items - (oliverp)
*Upcoming Engagment blog posts (oliverp)
  •  *Regarding storage of resources (oliverp) - Question specfic to use of our Nextcolud instance

== Notes ==

=== Small event funding ===
 * Trial a pre-paid program, re-evaluate after paying out $500(?)
 * Should requests be made to the public engagement list, or a private method?
 * Trying to setup an Engagement Committee to evaluate requests
   * Waiting on approval from the Board to setup the new committee
 * Need a Wiki page for reports on spending
   * Where should we put this? Engagement pages or Board pages?
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to ask the board where to put these.
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to adjust small events policy to include pre-paid amount program
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to adjust mall events policy and reimbursement policy to request a PR/Social Media promotion issue to be opened in Gitlab
 * VOTE: allow people to request pre-paid amounts. Re-evaluate at $500 USD
   * Michael: +1
   * oliverp +1
   * link +1
   * sri +1
   * Nuritzi +1
   * Siska +1
   VOTE PASSES Unanimously

=== Note taking process ===
 * Do we assign a note taker? Round-robin? Always collaborative?
 * Put notes in Gitlab or on the wiki?
   * Put meeting notes archive on the wiki
   * Convert actions into tasks/issues on Gitlab (Community/Engagement/General project)
 * How structured should our meeting be? Should we have chair, secretary, etc?
   * We are starting to have more functional roles (like treasurer) that need specific assignment
   * Gives people opportunity to get more involved
 * Should we publish minutes to the engagement list? Just ask people to subscribe to the wiki?
   * Concern about mailing the list with action items that might be slow in being implemented
   * Concern about not many people subscribing to the wiki
   * Conern that if we start publishing to the engagement list we set an expectation that we will always do this
 * For now we will publish to the enagemenent list and evaluate it as it goes
 * We don't have enough regularly attending people to commit to a formal process, volunteers welcome
   * People who do regularly attend are already over-extended with work
 * For now, for note taking only: we will have a main note taker per day and someone else to take notes when that main note-taker is leading a topic
 * ACTION: Oliver to publish the notes to the wiki
 * ACTION: Sri to convert notes to GitLab for today's meeting and publish notes to the engagement list

=== Update on GitLab project for social media ===
 * New board is ready to be used. People will make requests and they will go to backlog. That person should provide text and as much info as possible.
      * Tags: There are tags for specificl social media where we want to promote the item, for example, facebook, twitter, gnome blog, engagement blog, etc
      * Issue templates: We need to figure out how to create these to help guide people through making a good request
      * Columns:
            * Accepted
            * Drafting
            * Ready
            * Scheduled
 * ACTION: Michael to ask Carlos to create an issue template for Social-Media-and-PR board
* ACTION: Oliverp to write a informative mail to list about GitLab for Social media

=== News publishing process ==
 * Oliver had a task to publish news draffts to public list
 * Concern about publishing etherpad link to a public list because anybody could edit them
   * Can get a read-only link from the </> button at the top of the etherpad
 * ACTION: Oliver to create issues in the new social media board to track posting news items to the blog
 * ACTION: Nuritzi to review GUADEC blog post so it an be published
 * ACTION: Nuritzi to create issue for GUADEC blog post in new social media board
 * Reviewed #5 and #6 on the SM-PR board, reassigned to relevant owners

=== Uploading images, Gitlab or Nextcloud ===
 * GNOME members have access to a hosted Nextcloud instance which can be used to upload photos so they don't take up space on Gitlab
 * Embedding large images in a Gitlab issue can break the layout
 * Not everybody has access to upload to the NextCloud
 * People with access can take images from Gitlab and upload them to NextCloud
  • * So we can keep all GNOME images on GNOME infrastructure and make it easier to find them
 * Let people put images anywhere and put links to them in Gitlab