Re: 3.26 release marketing - outstanding tasks

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 6:29 AM, Link Dupont <link sub-pop net> wrote:
I wonder if we could take a more systematic approach to the screenshots in
general. There are discrepancies between screenshots shown in the shell and
other minor preferences that differ from the shipped GNOME defaults.

Is Continuous up to the task of being used for screenshots? Could some even be
automatically taken by injecting keypress events?

We discussed the topic of [screenshot
automation](https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2014/BOFs/ScreenshotAutomation)
a while ago. It comes up again every now and then, but sadly not much
progress has been made. We had a prototype set up by Vadim that was
able to provide a series of shots in any language, but it never went
any further and I can’t seem to find the link to the prototype. It
used Dogtail.

If we ever get this, it could be used for release notes as well. As a
bonus, all release note translations would at least have the
screenshots translated, which was the main motivation to do it in the
first place.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director