Re: testing a new process for social media

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 2:51 AM Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 6:34 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
> Carlos Soriano was kind enough to create
> http://gitab.gnome.org/GNOME/engagement, and so you can now create issues
> for things like we want to advertise.  As a test, I have put in November Bug
> Squash Month - https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/engagement/issues/1.
>
> This way we have some way to track the things that need to be done and close
> them out easily when complete.

Cool. How does that work exactly? You seem to imply that we will keep
a single issue for the whole Bug Squash Month campaign. How do we e.g.
plan tweets that need to be sent out or track those that have been? An
issue in a bugtracker is supposed to be a single task and one closes
it when they’re done with it, which allows progress to be tracked.

I'm still learning it myself.  So, my hope is that I can come up with a solid process where people can put requests in and we can monitor the queue.

There is a TODO setup there, and hopefully that will help.  A process is better than no process which is what we have right now.  If Gitlab doesn't work for us then we will find something else that will.

Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director