Re: Community Guide Draft

On Wed, 2017-08-23 at 11:55 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
Hey Link,

Link Dupont <link sub-pop net> wrote:
After a lively discussion in #engagement about interacting with the
GNOME community, I thought about the idea of putting together a guide
that can be shared with both GNOME developers and GNOME users.

1: https://wiki.gnome.org/LinkDupont/CommunityGuideDraft

You've got some good points there and I really like the idea of covering
different perspectives.

Question: is this a code of conduct? :)

Allan

I'm not sure. I know GNOME has a code of conduct[1] already, and this certainly
overlaps a good deal. I read a few different CoC documents as I was thinking
about this, and many of them boil down to "be excellent to each other".

What is missing, and what I hoped to fill with a guide like this, is the *how
to* "be excellent to each other". A guide on how to interpret and implement the
Code of Conduct advice from the various perspectives in the community.

Maybe this does amount to simply expanding the existing Code of Conduct with
some of the perspective-oriented guidelines?

~link

1: https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/CodeOfConduct