Re: Cover for 3.22 release coordination

The release notes are pretty much done, there's a draft news post in gnome.org, and I'll make sure that the screenshot pack is in place by the end of the day.

Here's what needs to be done while I'm away -

A couple of days before the release, the release notes need to be finalised. This involves two steps:

 1. The commit statistics need to be updated (the numbers are currently from last release) in the index.page (see the fields at the top for gitcommits and gitauthors [1]) . This requires getting numbers for 3.22 from Andre. If you have problems with this you can ask the Release Team for help.
 2. The list of supported languages needs updating. This involves going through the list of languages for 3.22 [2] and commenting out any languages that are under 80%. You can see what this looks like in the release notes from last time [3].

Then on the release day you need to follow: https://wiki.gnome.org/Engagement/ReleasePlanning#Release_Announcement

Note that the draft announcement post includes spaces for a quote from the release team. I usually take this from the email announcement that they send out.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions!

Allan

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/release-notes/tree/help/C/index.page?h=gnome-3-22
[2] https://l10n.gnome.org/releases/gnome-3-22/
[3] https://git.gnome.org/browse/release-notes/tree/help/C/i18n.page?h=gnome-3-20