Re: Closing the GNOME BitPay account

Hi.

On Mo, 2016-08-22 at 15:01 +0200, Tobias Mueller wrote:
On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 02:13:55PM +0200, Alexandre Franke wrote:

The issue has nothing to do with currencies. The problem is that as a
501(c)(3) we need to know where our donations come from
Interesting. Do you have a source for that?
From what I know you only need to report "substantial" contributors to the IRS.
Given that there hasn't been any reaction, neither the closure of the
account nor a reply which would substantiate that claim, may we assume
that we keep a way of pseudonymous payment?

I bet it'd be interesting to other 501c3s like Mozilla <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Ways_to_Give#Bitcoin>,
Tor <https://www.torproject.org/donate/donor-faq.html.en>, or the handful pages
of Google results for "501c3 anonymous donation bitcoin".
If not, has any effort been made to reach out to at least one of the
various 501c3 orgs which accept Bitcoin?  Is it planned to talk to any
of those orgs before not accepting Bitcoin?  Do you need help
establishing contact?

Cheers,
  Tobi