Tweeting from events

Hi all,

Another Twitter-related thread!

I was at the Core Apps hackfest in Berlin last weekend. It seemed really effective to post live from the event, particularly with pictures. It was also very useful from a funding point of view, since we had sponsors who were supporting certain parts of the event, and being on site enabled me to liaise with organisers in order to make sure that sponsors got thanked at the right time.

This was only possible due to my having access to the @gnome Twitter account. It makes me wonder how we can make better use of Twitter for events that don't have participants with access to @gnome.

One option might be to give temporary access to @gnome for the duration of an event. Another might be for an Engagement Team member to act as a media person for each event, in order to coordinate with organisers.

Does anyone else have any ideas?