Re: Revisiting the Friends of GNOME webpages

On 2016-03-08 12:12, Allan Day wrote:
Andreas Nilsson <lists andreasn se> wrote:
Maybe something like:
"The GNOME Foundation is a non-profit organization and if you live in the US
your donation is tax free.
Contact your tax office for more information."
That sounds better indeed! I thought that donations were tax
deductible in Europe too, though?

It might be in certain parts of Europe, and possibly if the Foundation made the agreement with that German organization (that I forgot the name of). I know for sure donations are not tax free/deductible in Sweden (since January 1st 2014).

Maybe something like:
"The GNOME Foundation is a non-profit organization and depending on where you live, your donation might be tax deductible. Contact your tax office for more information."

I used deductible since it might only be for a certain percentage, or have a max amount, depending on the country. I realize working on the texts over e-mail might be a bit cumbersome, so I dumped some simplifications here https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/friends_of_gnome
- Andreas