Re: Revisiting the Friends of GNOME webpages

On 2016-02-23 11:49, Allan Day wrote:

It seems like a good idea to revisit the previous designs to see if we are still happy with them, or if anything needs to be changed. You can view them here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-marketing/master/websites/friends-of-gnome/friends-of-gnome.png

Not sure if this is the right time or not, but it might be worth considering. A while ago live.gnome.org got renamed wiki.gnome.org and more recently "GNOME Love" got renamed "GNOME Newcomers". Names that are more straight to the point. Maybe it's time to get the lingo out of "Friends of GNOME" and just call it "Monthly donations". I don't have a super-strong opinion on it, but it's worth a thought.

As a sidenote, for the "Click here for _not_ listing me" and "Click here to _not_ getting e-mails" on the monthly donation page. These could checked by default and say "List me in the members page" in the first and cut out "If you don't want these e-mails, check here" from the second. That way you don't enable something to disable it and you can cut out some words. It's also the more common pattern for these kind of things.
- Andreas