#Engagemenet | Meeting Notes July 8th, 2016

Hi All,

Here are our meeting minutes from Friday, July 8th: https://wiki.gnome.org/Engagement/TeamMeetings/8-JUL-2016. I'm also adding them below. Thank you to those who joined!
We hope you'll join the next meeting, on Friday, July 15th @ 17:00 UTC, on #engagement.

Thanks!
- Cassandra

---

  • ANNUAL REPORT- Adelia

  • List of recipients: We need to update this @Jeff has this

  • Printing: We should start mailing by end of June. Jeff will print in Canada. Jeff still doesn't have a date with printer. Zana has some greeting cards we might be able to use. Will print using standard US letter size.

  • Budget: printing costs & postcards

  • Action Items
  • - @Jeff to print the report and send from Canada. Consider having others help write handwritten notes >> definitely have others prepping contents or handwritten notes
  • @Adelia - to populate a list of individuals who donated and get a quote from them. (1  2 people)

  • FUNDRAISING
  • Adopt a Hacker
  • - Need to curate a list of hackers (about 10-15)
  • - Gonyere will email GNOME project leaders and ask for nominations
  • - Zana will bring blank postcards to GUADEC for them

  • Merchandise Page

  • Friends of GNOME Redesign - Allan & Zana
  • - Patreon for Friends of GNOME? to bypass paypal; specify specific donations/donation levels. This is stagnant and pending on Steve's leadership.
  • - Friends of GNOME wesbite project is still moving forward.

  • Action Items:
  • @Zana to poke @Andrea and figure out where to add that donor on the website

  • OUTREACH
  • We need to request a budget for GNOME engagement.

  • Engagement Blog
  • Might want to feature a community meetup (espcially when we have some slow months)

  • Action Items
  • @Cassandra will interview Julita regarding community events that she has planned in Peru. Article to be posted by 7/15.

  • Local events

  • Action Items:
  • @Nuritzi to estimate budget for t-shirts for GNOME SF, ask marketing list for budget requests
  • @Allan to learn more about process for requesting marketing budget at next board meeting
  • @Nuritzi send a request to Andreas and/or Allan - who can help us make stickers
  • - @Zana - will add Adelia to the community blog after Adelia becomes a member

  • Budget requests
  • To figure out process for members to request collaterals - KIV this is a larger discussion

  • Conference Packs
  • Encourage members to be self-sustaining. These packs will be given to "official groups"

  • - Shirts that they sell:
  • - 2 to 3 free shirts for organizers, be open to special requests
  • - Standard: 5 small, 5 med, 5 large, 5 xl, 5 xxl
  • - open to other suggestions
  • - Stickers
  • - 100 - 200 stickers (whatever is easiest)
  • - Other ideas
  • - pens
  • - GNOME business cards / postcards?
  • - phone case for business cards (liv's idea)
  • - brochures (we would need to figure out what to put on them. maybe a friends of GNOME?)
  • - Tablecloths
  • - 6 foot long rectangular table (see what the standard size is)

  • Official Groups: what does that even mean?
  • - submit an application
  • - list the official groups on a wiki or something (think about adding a section to the gnome.org website to create more visibility around local groups)
  • - should we
  • - have at least one event a year
  • - gnome release parties strongly encouraged

  • GNOME.org website
  • How do we change things on there? What's the process and how can we better levergage it?

  • Photos
  • Create a photo guideline plan - for conferences (nomination for @Cassandra to look into)

  • Emily has it in Carrollton, OH
  • Banner (table cloth and maybe a standup banner), & SWAG is the MVP.
  • Timeline to get banner by September in time for LAS GNOME

  • @Zana - ping Kat about a banner for the US "travel box" will ask about getting the file
  • @Sri - ping Emily and ask her if she can prepare the box for travel. Or else prepare it for someone to pick it up.  - DONE 7/1

  • Blank greeting cards
  • @Zana will send some to Nuritzi (send some to Jeff for the Annual Report)

  • Stickers & Outreach Gear
  •           Ideally we want local teams to be able to access GNOME merchandise
  • Would be good to have some approved vendors that they can use
  • Action: decide on process for ordering (what's needed in an application? invoice and reimburse?)
  • Action: evaluate the different sellers (how much per item, how much for postage to different continents?). Unixstickers, Zazzle, Freeware, and Hello Tux.

  • Carla - cquinn is our Design Intern. We can forward requests for her to work on. Want to keep the internship structured.

  • @All - send all of the merchandise designs that we currently have to Allan. Friends of GNOME flyers, GUADEC flyers to give out at FOSDEM and business cards for LAS GNOME conference

  • Licensing guidelines
  • Allan is still working towards more clarity re: re-sharing creative commons photos on own social media
  • Copyright assignment?

  • CONFERENCES

  • GNOME RELATED

  • OTHER

  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • New conference
  • - Too late to submit papers unfortunately

  • - Need one (or more?) volunteers to go and mentor a few first-timers

  • Action Items:
  • - Need to make a calendar with conferences with GNOME presence
  • @gonyere & @Zana FOR LADIES THAT FOSS: Need to send an email to the general gnome dev list asking for volunteers

  • SOCIAL MEDIA

  • GNOME Asia Social Media - Nuritzi

  • July Promotions:
  • Looking forward to seeing blogposts from our new interns this summer on Planet GNOME!

  • Update:
  • - Flatpak launch (rebranding of xdg-app): News item and social media blast

  • GUADEC BoF Topics

  • - Happy Birthday GNOME (20th Birthday) - Sri
  • Sri would like to get some stories, pictures, a timeline, etc. Sketchbook or picture book to give to people. Ties into budget. Celebrate the community.
  • Talk about this during Hackfest at GUADEC
  • Have Miguel speak at next year's GUADEC, tell him with enough time so he can plan travel
  • Start with this GUADEC

  • - Onboarding for Engagement Team
  • - Next Annual Report