Re: Revisiting the Friends of GNOME webpages

On 2016-02-23 11:49, Allan Day wrote:
Hi everyone,

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-marketing/master/websites/friends-of-gnome/friends-of-gnome.png

I like these changes.
One thing that struck me is that there is a lot of content to shift through before getting to the donate buttons. Might be worth a shot to flip the order of "Ways to donate" and "How donations help GNOME". Ideally, the text at the top of the page is convincing enough, but for those who don't find it convincing enough, they can see the header of the part with more explanation on how the money is being used.

Some of the texts are indeed very long. Took a stab at shortening them a bit. Might be a bit too short now, but I tried to take it to the core. Probably less critical to keep them short if we flip the order of the two sections I mentioned above.

"Hackfests
These are events when GNOME contributors get together to work on specific parts of GNOME. In 2015, GNOME sponsored XXX contributors to attend XX hackfests thanks to donations to the project."

"Conferences
These are events where GNOME contributors are able to get together, share experiences, and decide on the direction of the project. In 2015, donations helped sponsor XXX to attend GNOME conferences in Europe, North America, South America and Asia."

"Infrastructure
GNOME could not operate without it's development infrastructure. These systems require a lot of time and effort to keep running and to improve them over time."

- Andreas