#Engagemenet | Meeting Notes FEB-19-2016

Hi All,

Here are our meeting minutes from today, February 19th, 2016: https://wiki.gnome.org/Engagement/TeamMeetings/19-FEB-2016. I'm also adding them below. Thank you to those who joined, and a special thanks to Oliver for helping me put the notes on the wiki page. Nuritzi and I made a How To for posting and sending out meeting notes for future newcomers, you can check it out here: https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/How_To_Take_Meeting_Notes We'll migrate it to the wiki soon!

We hope you'll join the next meeting, on February 26th, 2016 @ 17:00 UTC, on #engagement.

Thanks, and have a great weekend, everyone!

Best,
Cassandra

2/19/16 Meeting Minutes:

  • New Introductions
  •  - Ben: one of the GUADEC organizers

  • Attended
  • - Zana
  • - aday
  • - steve
  • - ben (part of the time)
  • - cassandra

  • GUADEC
  • Twitter
  •  - Historically have had issues cycling information getting through GNOME website, GUADEC website, and twitter
  •  - Could help to have a small team working on tweeting through the event
  •  - Could help to have a generic list of tweets to send out as the event gets closer (specific days of the week)
  •  - To sync up GNOME and GUADEC twitters can retweet
  •  - Challenge to think about: there isn't one person that knows how to answer every question, making sure questions are forwarded to relevant people
  • - @aday will lead engagement team in updating Twitter announcements and answering questions that come in through it

  • Action items:
  •  - @aday will send out a proposal to the engagement team to see who else can help
  •  - @zana and @cassandra will lead engagement SF on 2/19/16 meeting for 30 mins to begin creating a timeline and sample tweets (fun GUADEC facts?)

  • Merchendise
  •  - Still in progress
  •  - Haven't had a poster for several years

  • Anual Report
  •  - First draft is due March 15th
  •  - Christian is going to help write an article on Builder and xdg-app
  •  - Still need someone to help write the hackfest section

  • Action items:
  •  - @cassandra and @aday to sync up about acquiring photos
  •  - @cassandra to reach out to @sri, @oliver, and @bastian to post request on twitter for photo submissions

  • Fundraising
  •  - Patreon is crowd source funding: subscribe to a tier and donate a certain amount
  •  - Will match different tiers of Friends of GNOME (like $1, $5, $10, etc.)
  •  - Need to discuss if it is something that users donate to every month or how often
  •  - Page is set up and ready to launch, but need to discuss the different tiers
  •  - Should also have a freeform "choose your own amount" on Patreon and website
  •  - Steve has access to gnome.org and is a web dev
  •  - Currently have multiple monthly tiers
  •  - Patreon will facilitate this whole process

  • Action items:
  •  - @steve will send out an email to engagement to schedule a larger meeting to further discuss fundraising
  •  - need to collectively decide what is liked and disliked to move forward

  • LAS GNOME
  •  - Logo in progress
  •  - Sri's updates
  •  - If egnagement team mocks up the website on paper @steve can help with the web dev