Re: Release marketing for GNOME 3.22

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 3:23 AM Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
Hi everyone,

GNOME 3.22 is scheduled for release on 21 September - that's three weeks from now. The main things we need to have for the release are:
  • Release notes
  • Release video
  • News post for gnome.org
  • Screenshot pack
  • Update the screenshots on the website
  • Social media coverage, running up to the release and immediately afterwards. LAS GNOME is happening at the same time so we'll need to figure out how to avoid crossing the streams...

What do you mean, 'avoiding crossing the streams'?  I'm sure we can do some promotion at the conference and certainly there should be an opportunity to have a release party with conference attendees :)

Bastian is already on the case with the video. I'm happy to take the lead with the release notes, but would really appreciate some help, particularly with screenshots and the screenshot pack.

Andreas is in for that...

The big area where we need people to chip in is with social media. It would be great to have a plan there.

Looks like we have a volunteer for that as well!  I won't be able to help this time as I will be busy with LAS GNOME.  So finding some new blood to help with this is probably in order.

I can try to reach out and see if we can find more volunteers for that?  But if Lene wants to help with a plan, I won't stand in their way. :)

sri

Thanks,