Re: Friends of GNOME - round three!

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
This looks great!! The only comment I have is that I think it's confusing to
identify bank transfers in Europe as being tax deductible. Firstly, it makes
it look like only those donations are deductible and not donations in the US
by US taxpayers. Secondly, I'm not sure how it works in Germany, but I
assume it's similar to the US in that it really depends on the tax situation
of the donor (which is why we usually say something like "to the extent
permitted"). Thirdly, I don't think people outside of Europe can generally
take deductions for donations in Europe (at least I know people in the US
usually can't). It's probably worth having a little paragraph above or below
saying that bank transfers in Europe are potentially deductible there and
that any donation within the US is too.

Thanks Karen, I agree that part was a bit unclear. I've updated the
mockups to communicate that donations in the US are also tax
deductible, and I've added some text that indicates that not everyone
qualifies. I hope it's OK.