April | GNOME Social Media Posting Plan

Hi All,

We had a productive meeting today and solidified our social media posting schedule for April. We are also coordinating with the GNOME Asia team to post on GNOME Asia social media channels to support the upcoming summit. Parth will be working closely with their team to make the GNOME Asia Facebook and Twitter accounts really active.

The messaging schedule below should be posted on all social media channels by:

Nuritzi - Facebook & G+
Oliver - Twitter
Bastian - Quitter.no/GNU social

We'll need others to help us monitor the pages in case people ask questions or want more info. The people who can support each page are:

Facebook: Zana
G+: Sri, Adelia, Parth
Twitter: Zana, Sri

If I have time, I'll try to add some of this info into our Social Media Planning Calendar (it's a google calendar). If you're not on that calendar and want to be, ping me separately on IRC or reply to me here, and I'll add you to it.

Please keep this email for reference if you're posting. I've also added the schedule below to our April Social Media etherpad (https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/April_2016_Social_Media).

We should have another meeting soon to plan for May. If anyone has things they'd like to promote in May, please start adding them to our etherpad for May Social Media: https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/May_2016_Social_Media.

Best,
Nuritzi

April 2016 Posting Schedule

Tuesday, April 12 (Already done)

GNOME Asia 2016 Summit begins next week on April 21st, in Delhi India http://2016.gnome.asia/

Wednesday, April 13:

So far $1,060 have been donated this month and $751 donated to the GNOME Foundation. Help us boost our numbers! http://www.unixstickers.com

Thursday April 14th:

LinuxFest Northwest starts on April 23rd in Bellingham, Washington. Listen to Sri talk about the amazing GNOME Builder on Sunday 24th @ 1:45 pm #LFNW

(https://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/2016/sessions/application-sandboxing-run-your-app-any-linux-distribution-no-batteries-required)

We would love have your favourite speaker at this year’s GUADEC. Help us meet our keynotes! (https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2016/Keynotes#preview)

Friday, April 15th:

You won’t want to miss GNOME Asia’s great speaker line up! http://2016.gnome.asia/schedule/ #GNOMEAsia

Saturday, April 16th:

Show your GNOME love. Buy SWAG. #IAMGNOME http://www.unixstickers.com

Monday, April 18:

#GNOMEAsia 2016 was made possible because of Shobha Tyagi and other volunteers on the ground, and around the world. #IAMGNOME (link to blog)

Let's thank Shobha Tyagi and other volunteers who made #GNOMEAsia 2016 possible. #IAMGNOME (link to blog).

Tuesday, April 19:

#GNOMEAsia 2016 Summit starts on Thursday The excitement is building-up!

Bring your laptops to LinuxFest Northwest and get started hacking with GNOME Builder! #LFNW (https://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/2016/community-events)

Wednesday, April 20:

If you’re attending GNOME Asia 2016, don't forget to take pictures and submit them via flicker!  https://www.flickr.com/search/groups/?text=gnome%20asia&filter_inactive_groups=0. Make sure they’re CC-BY-SA

Thursday, April 21st

Keep your laptop from being naked http://www.unixstickers.com

Monday, April 25

Share your best moment from #GNOMEAsia 2016! https://www.flickr.com/search/groups/?text=gnome%20asia&filter_inactive_groups=0

Tuesday, April 26:

Just a few days remaining on our Unix Sticker spotlight. Support GNOME today http://www.unixstickers.com

Thursday, April 28:

Unix stickers numbers recap

Monday May 9th: post videos from GNOME Asia (like Alexandre’s gopro)

Wednesday, May 11: Promote talks on YouTube

Awesome #GNOMEAsia 2016 talks are live (link)

Check out #GNOMEAsia 2016 Summit in photos (link)

Week of May 16 or 23rd

Team GNOME Asia Spotlight (need to ask them when they have time)

Nuritzi Sanchez  |  +1.650.218.7388 |  Endless