Re: business cards..

I think email address sounds the best, but I think also mailing lists should work fine.
I think only certain people use IRC, and the know how to reach our channel and contact.

Social is pretty cool; Twitter, but also Facebook and G+: they are easy to follow and help us make our followers base to grow.

My 2c

Cheers,

Flavia

Flavia Weisghizzi <flavia weisghizzi aruba gmail com> wrote:
> I think they are definitely enjoyable!

Thanks Flavia!

Sri's asked me about the contact details on the cards, suggesting that
we use Twitter and a generic info gnome org email address, and
pointing out that people outside of open source might not be familiar
with mailing lists. It would be good to discuss this!

For individual's business cards, contact details seem fairly
straightforward: each individual can decide what they want on there.

For teams it is indeed a bit trickier, since our primary team
communication channels will sometimes be unknown to some people. IRC
is particularly obscure, and we might want to think about whether to
include that. However, mailing lists do seem OK to me: you don't have
to be signed up to send a mail to a list (provided that it has an
active moderator). Mailing lists have the advantage that they are
usually actively monitored.

I'd be nervous about using Twitter as a contact mechanism, since I'm
not sure we check @gnome for incoming messages, or that enough of the
right people are monitoring.

Likewise, if we had info gnome org it would need to be actively
monitored. We already have gnome-press-contact gnome org, which is
similar, and we haven't always done a great job of keeping on top of
it.