Re: Technologies Page for gnome.org

On Fri, 2015-05-15 at 12:02 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 7:13 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
wrote:
On Thu, 2015-05-14 at 10:49 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
Hi all,

We have talked for quite a long time about having something on
the
website to highlight GNOME's technologies. The specific goal
here is
to advertise our technology stack to potential partners.

Yesterday I took a quick shot at putting something together. You
can
find a screenshot here:

https://cloud.gnome.org/index.php/s/mvVbE6bP46CfTGq

The page itself still needs some work, but I wanted to get some
feedback at this early stage. In particular, I'd like some
advice on
which technologies to feature, as well as how to structure the
page.
It's already a bit on the long side - it might need additional
navigation, or splitting out into different pages.

Any thoughts?

Based on the v2 version, a few possible changes:
- Mention that GIO/gvfs allows access to files shared through SMB
(Windows), AppleTalk (MacOS X), Google docs (is that done yet?),
and a
number of mobile devices (MTP for Android, iOS).
- Mention Geoclue in the connectivity section
- Mention ModemManager under the NM section
- Mention Bluetooth headsets and speakers support in PulseAudio
- Mention hardware decoding under GStreamer
- Merge Rygel and UPnP entries as UPnP
- Mention grilo under multimedia
- Maybe mention fprintd as a way to access Fingerprint readers?

Rygel and UPnP I know has some interest in IoT.  So we definitely
want
to highlight that.  We can also look at what is in the Tizen stack
and
find out who is using our libraries there as examples of GNOME
technoogy being used if you want to create a separate page.

Got a link to those?