Re: Photo pledge, we need more photos from GNOME events

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 8:49 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
One challenge we face when doing the Annual Report (this is also true
for other print and web resources) is to find high quality photos of
our community. Therefore it would be great if people took more  CC
licensed [1] quality photos during GNOME events (conferences and
Hackfests) and share them online.

Sharing online is tricky. Photos end up hosted in different places,
tagged in different ways. Often, they are just found on blog posts,
which are subsequently lost, or can be hard to find. We need an
efficient, predictable way to find the photos when we want to use
them.

I suspect that the only way for us to do this properly is to maintain
our own archive of photo assets. Back when I reorganised our content,
I set something like this up on our ownCloud instance [1]. It would be
really awesome if members of the engagement team could add photos to
this archive during events, or shortly after them (like if you see
good pictures in blog posts).

Allan

[1] https://cloud.gnome.org/public.php?service=files&t=a81395e61fd9e241ae97449649d13b8d&path=%2FPhotos

To follow up, we should put this information in the wiki as well.

sri

it would be nice to have an official hashtag namespace for people who
take personal pictures and have it on flickr and google photos..