Re: FOSDEM GTK+ brochure

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 02:06:20PM +0100, Oliver Propst wrote:
It's cool to see initiatives this. Although I understand this is
document explaining a technical subject thus details are needed I
still find it very wordy, maybe it would be possible to shorten some
sections.

In comparison, some BSDs flyers contain a similar amount of text, and
back then it didn't discourage me to read them, it was maybe even the
contrary (more text means that people will more probably learn something
new).

Note that once the brochure is folded, it doesn't look like the same
amount of text than looking at the PDF.

I'm also not sure using the term "GIO – Input/Output on
Steroids" is a good idea, maybe something like " Input/Output
Supercharged " is better (some may find term "Steroids" offensive).

Well, "on steroids" is quite often used in computer science, it's a
humorous way to tell that something is a good evolution in comparison to
what it's based on. Good luck to find someone at FOSDEM that would be
shocked by that term :-)

FWIW it's used in one of the BSD flyer about Jails ("like a chroot on
steroids").

Sébastien