Re: 2014 Annual Report

On 2015-01-07 14:51, Oliver Propst wrote:
Right so its about time to start work on the 2014 Annual Report, I
have created a template for it on the wiki [1].

If you are volunteering to write an article or do some other task
please indicate that on the wiki page by writing your name next to the
task.

The last couple of years doing the layout have been a lot of work due to chasing images, chasing texts, fixing spelling errors (much later in the pipeline than expected), checking licenses and making late additions to the content. If I am to do the design again, here is some things I need from the rest of the team: * The coordinator needs to be the one that makes sure deadlines are followed and chase after those that are lagging behind. Possibly cut articles that just doesn't make it in time. * Texts needs to be proofread Before they go into the layout. Not once they are in the layout or after the thing are printed and done. * Finding good images and checking their licenses for each and every article is very time consuming so I don't want to be the one doing that again. Either the author of the text or the coordinator needs to be responsible for this.

For this year in specific, I can also only commit to the layout if we are able to put the content together way before GUADEC. Since I'm organizing the conference, I imagine myself being quite busy in the time that precedes it.
- Andreas