Statement of support for the SFC's campaign

Hi all,

It would be nice of us to make a public statement of support for the SFC's campaign* to raise funds for their continued existence and their legal battle to uphold the GPL (against infringement by VMWare)**. The FSF has made such a blog post already***.

I discussed with the board, and they'd like the engagement team to send an announcement to that effect, also using our social media outlets.

It should happen sooner rather than later, as there is a window of opportunity there: donations made until January 31st will be matched up by PIA and thus count twice.

Thanks!

*: https://sfconservancy.org/supporter/
**: https://sfconservancy.org/news/2015/mar/05/vmware-lawsuit/
***: https://www.fsf.org/blogs/executive-director/support-the-software-freedom-conservancy