Re: GNOME Requirements and Known Issues

Hello Andre,

Not sure, how GNOME wants to make an "opening" to a greater "pool" of users,
when you point to hard to discover wikis which none of those "users will" read.
Even if was easy to discover, they aren't written for "casuals" users.

Also as you know I get lots of feedback from people, and a very common question is
"Should I buy a HiDPI / Touchscreen, does GNOME works on there?"
If this information was clear, there wouldn't be a question at all.

> you do know how distros operate ..in short they don't "care" much,
>> That sounds rather insulting to me...

Then you really have to complain to distros and not to me. Check out how Ubuntu "advertises"
their desktop and the information Ubuntu gives, and then compare with every other distro about GNOME.

Most distros just refer GNOME, and even Fedora doesn't talk at all about the desktop, rather gives 2 screenshots.

- alex

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 8:45 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
On Sun, 2015-04-19 at 19:12 +0300, alex diavatis wrote:
> Regarding bugs with NVIDIA drivers,

Query bugzilla.gnome.org?

See https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/Wayland

> that is available on most of distros, etc, I would like to "request" a
> section on gnome.org, that makes clear what it works
> and what doesn't.

That sounds like ever-changing information to put on a wikipage or into
bug reports (if it comes to "what doesn't") instead.

> Please consider to inform your users about those things. While this
> might be a "distro" concern rather GNOME's,

IMO: Yes, this is rather a distro concern and up to distros which
versions and configurations to ship to their users.

> you do know how distros operate ..in short they don't "care" much,

That sounds rather insulting to me...

> and personally as I user I don't care either
> about distros, and I only check on GNOME release notes.

Well, see https://help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.16/developers.html
for Wayland related information...?

Cheers,
andre