Re: GUADEC Promotion

Hi all,

GUADEC begins in a month, so it is high time that we thought about
promotional activities for the event. The main goal here is to
generate interest in the conference and in GNOME in general, and to
any circulate positive stories that we can.

We need to have material to post in the run up to the conference. Here
we can announce things like the schedule going live, or registration
opening, but we should also generate content of our own. Interviews
with keynote speakers or conference organisers have been done in the
past. It would be great if anyone wanted to do something like this.

The other thing to consider is what we will do during the conference.
Last year we collaborated on gnome.org news posts which summarised
each day, and posted photo galleries along with them. I'd really like
to do something like that this year. Again, volunteers would be
welcome.

Does anyone else have ideas?

Hello,

If the schedule is out, someone can write a document with tweets-posts
of every presentation title, speaker #guadec14 (or the official
hashtag), #gnome
Tweet as many as you want per day (try to do it on different time each
tweet) so all the presentations will have an advertisement.
Use official gnome channels and also a guadec one.

During the conference, create a document with a table. Each column
will be the room with presentations and each line will represent the
time of the presentation.
So write again short tweets for presentation title, speaker (you can
use his tweeter account as name), Live http://live_stream_url
#room_name, #guadec14, #gnome. Of course it'll be the right number of
characters. Check out the streaming urls when it starts, tweet it.

Also create a google plus event where everyone can upload pictures and
also a facebook event (pictures there as well). Tweets go there too.
try to use products, speakers as mentions.

Finally, if someone uses lanyard (http://lanyrd.com/), create an event
there as well. Check out what I created for the past conf
http://lanyrd.com/2014/osc14/

Try to have someone to each room that will tweet/post some key
sentences from the speech, and then the official account can retweet
and post it to other channels.

Also tweet the same on the irc channel during the event and tweet the
posts to gnome.org to all our channels.

Well, this is one man job actually. He/she might don't attend to
his/her fav presentations but he/she will see all the presentations
from streaming. He/she can inform the streaming team if everything is
all right.
He/she can do it from anywhere at the venue, so he/she can attend to
presentations.

That's what I did during other conference and I was thinking to write
a tutorial about it soon.
Unfortunately it's 95% that I cannot attend to GUADEC this year and
cannot help now.

Have phun,
Stathis

--
http://about.me/iosifidis    http://linkedin.eiosifidis.info/
http://www.eiosifidis.info    http://gnome.eiosifidis.info

Great leaders don't tell you what to do...They show you how it's done.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts...absolutely.