Re: How we can improve our fundraising efforts

On Fri, 2014-07-25 at 16:29 +0200, Tobias Mueller wrote:
Hi.
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 08:31:22PM +0200, Tobias Mueller wrote:
I sent the email.
I was thinking whether it would be good to use that letter to our
donors as a news story on gnome.org.

I understand that we have many news items lined up and it's probably bad
timing now. But it's probably still good in two weeks or so.
Any opinions?
Well the donation is basically mini version of the Annual Report we are
about to publish in 10 days therefor it makes little sense to me to put
it up on gnome.org.

I do think there is interesting things we could do with the donation
letter, such as agree to publish one every quarter with a digest of the
latest happenings withing the GNOME community, those make it more or
less into a newsletter.

Also think we should consider to make the donation letter html so we can
include images and a nicer layout, or at least provide a link a html
version (Allan had some ideas around that and even had a design).

Maybe its a good idea to set-up a separate wiki page about this, I think
its definitely a good agenda item for a future meeting.

--
-mvh Oliver Propst