Request for volunteers to help staff the GNOME booth at SCALE 12x

Hello all,

I have volunteered to lead the effort of having a GNOME booth (#74) at the upcoming 12th annual SoCal Linux Expo (SCALE 12x) Feb 21-23. I'm hoping to recruit additional users & supporters of GNOME to help staff the booth.

I would like to have 2-4 persons at the booth throughout the day on Saturday & Sunday. The Exhibition times are when volunteers are most needed, but virtually any assistance offered will not be refused; sparing even 30 minutes of your time would be great! Friday, Feb 21st is a setup day Noon - 6pm and I think I can handle it myself.

Here is the Expo schedule:
  • Friday, Feb 21st
    • Setup: Noon - 6pm
  • Saturday, Feb 22nd
    • Final Setup: 8am - 10am
    • Exhibition: 10am - 6pm
  • Sunday, Feb 23rd
    • Exhibition: 10am - 5pm
    • Tear Down: 5pm until finished (Likely less than 2 hours)
"Duties" of volunteers:
  • Acknowledge & greet visitors at the booth.
  • Hand out promotional materials provided by the GNOME project. Can roam the Exhibition floor doing so.
  • Use the provided computer to answer questions visitors may have and perform demonstrations of GNOME and GTK+ apps.
    Familiarity with GNOME 3 & Gnome-Shell as well as GTK+ applications would be highly beneficial.
Benefits to volunteers:
  • Volunteers dedicating at least 2 hours (cumulative) will be provided a Coupon Code for a 100% discount on their Full Access Expo tickets. Come help out for part of the day and spend the rest checking out the Expo for free!
  • First choice of free GNOME schwag such as T-Shirts & stickers (while supplies last).
  • Persons who volunteer for at least half the time (4 hours cumulative) on Saturday and/or Sunday will be provided free lunch (most likely Pizza Hut).
  • Free Power & WiFi access provided for your personal devices.
    No guarantees on how good the Internet connection will be though. ;-)
Here's a Google Calendar with the volunteer time slots and availability status: http://goo.gl/I70Kln

Thanks for your time and any help you can provide. Feel free to forward this message to anyone you think may be interested in helping. Please contact me directly with non-general inquiries and to volunteer your support.