Re: New text for Friends of GNOME web page

On 2014-01-22 09:01, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
On 01/21/2014 11:27 PM, Tobias Mueller wrote:
Hi everyone.

I was just made aware that https://www.gnome.org/friends/
contains many references to our old campaign.

If I ripped everything out, the page would be empty. So I'm asking:
Does anyone have a proposal for a text to be shown on the page?

I'm accepting proposals here or direct edits of the page ;-)

"Please support the GNOME projects mission to bring free and
accessible computing to everyone by donating to the GNOME Foundation.
We'll use the money for travels to conferences for hackers, hardware
and developer infrastructure."

Or something like that.

how about:

Please support GNOME's mission to bring free and accessible computing to everyone! Your donation will help to keep the GNOME Foundation's lights on - we'll use it for infrastructure, hardware, and to help hackers travel to conferences where they'll keep improving GNOME.

Do you think we need more text than that?
karen