Re: Encouraging participation with gamification

On Wed, 2014-01-15 at 13:39 +0000, Juanjo Marín wrote:
I forgot to comment about this. I think it is a good idea, the main
problem is the number of contributor in every GNOME release is about
1000 people (985 in GNOME 3.10). We need to know how or who can
provide the names of the contributors some days before the release and
see if our web magicians can provide an elegant way to integrate this
in the release notes.

Most of the time I provided that number for the release notes.
The script creating that number in the release-notes is based on email
addresses, as that is what Gerrit uses as a unique user ID.
Note that the script does not look into branches but only covers git
master for the time span.
Probably not too hard to extract names instead, but numerous people
might not have provided a name.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net