Re: Solaris..

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 11:41 PM, Emily Chen <emilychen522 gmail com> wrote:
Hi Sri,

Solaris use GNOME 2.30.2 on Solaris 12. Currently there is no plan to
updating GNOME 3. But some Library and GTK has been update to 3.

OK, this is likely because it is an enterprise and probably are change
averse.  But that means at some point they are going to want to
update.  That could be sometime in the future, if we keep some contact
with them, hoepfully that choice becomes easier.

sri
-Emily

What is our current relationship with Solaris?  I know that they are
using GNOME 2.x for their desktop.  Does anybody know if they plan on
updating to GNOME 3 at any point?  I think this is something similar
to *BSD folks.

Solaris in particular has a corporate entity, and it would be good to
continue to keep them engaged if possible.