Re: anybody see this on the numix project?

Without stability extensions aren't something I can "sell" to enterprise.  However, extensions are something with huge potential to solve a huge variety of problems for companies.  I have some specific questions about this and would like to discuss on IRC after the next engagement meeting if possible.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 5:31 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
> Looks like the numix theme is turning into a full OS with designers
> and everything.  They have funding for developers as well.
>
> https://plus.google.com/+NumixprojectOrg/posts/fgo3cAikTM9
>
> I find that kind of interesting.  They aren't forking anything, but
> working on a fully themed OS.  They want to hire js hackers to hack on
> extensions.
>
> It might be worth offering to help at least get people to validate our
> documentation and what not.  I actuallyt hink this is a great
> development due to the fact that extensions could be better documented
> and it would help improve things.
>
> But I would like to guide them, make sure that they are working with
> gnome-shell developers.

Reaching out seems like a good idea; at the very least we want to have
good relations with other projects using our technology.

Just remember: there is no API for extensions. You can't "document"
them the way you would a library, and the only way to ensure extension
stability is for us to not make internal changes to the shell.