Re: 3.12 Features

On 2014-02-20 09:03, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
Good list!

yes, thanks Allan!

A couple of smaller things from the top of my head:
* Photos is in much better shape now, with support for things like
Facebook photos as a source. This is where a lot of people store their
photos these days.

I agree this is a good thing to feature but we should be careful in how we word it to show that we're not recommending Facebook.

* In the same vein, things like the Pocket support in Videos (and in
3.14 Web) shows that there is consideration for situations where a lot
of people have several devices and consume content in different ways
from before. (Save a movie clip you got on the bus for watching at
home later).
* HiDPI support is much better in terms of Clutter and the Shell for
this release. It's worth noting that GNOME is currently the only
GNU/Linux desktop that does this today (apart from just plain font
scaling) and that 4K monitors on laptops are getting increasingly
common.

yes!

* In general there have been fixes made due to feedback on the last
release (such as Wired Network indicator).

In general I think we should try to focus attention on these kinds of fixes as much as possible as part of our press story, maybe even using a header "We've listened to your concerns" or something like that

karen

- Andreas