Community interviews

Hi, everybody sorry for running from the meeting today.

I spoke to Allan at FOSDEM about doing a series of interviews with community members as a way of letting people get know us better and our thoughts about the current sate of GNOME, thus maybe decease the barrier for new new contributors as well as a statement that we are passionate about the project.

I had the following questions in mind:

Can you introduce yourself ?
How did you got involved the GNOME community?
What excite you about the GNOME project ?
How would you describe the current state of GNOME?
What are biggest challenges GNOME are facing in your opinion?
If you try to be more specific what do you think is the most challenging thing you find as a
GNOME contributer, what do you think keeps more people from contributing?
In recent times the question of GNOME's roll in the greater free software have been heavily discussed, what are your take about the situation, what role do you think GNOME should play in the greater free software ecosystem?
If you could chose one specific area in which the GNOME project could improve what
would that be?
Can you tell one thing about yourslelf that that most people don't know about you?

Diego have done a fantastic proposal for the annual report [1]. He suggested that the report should be largely focused on the people in the community, in that context I see a interview serie as a perfect fit. I will elaborate further with Diego and rest of the annual report team about this.

What do you other thinks of the questions, do they work as starting point?