From: Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me>
Date: Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Subject: VOIP server setup for use
To: Engagement list <engagement-list gnome org>, Andrea Veri
<andrea veri gmail com>

Some time back I wanted to be able to get VOIP meetings going again
since the SIP audio bridges had gone away.  We had used IRC meetings,
but it really honestly degraded the effectivness of the team in my
opinion.

I brought up the use of Mumble and Murmur, and Andrea didn't want to
install more services unless they were useful.  So, I went ahead and
created a mumble server on an AWS instance to see if we can start
using it for our meetings (or maybe other meetings) instead of using
hangouts or something else.

So on that note, if you all could download the murmur client.  You can
usually use apt-get install murmur, or yum install murmur, most
distros should have already packaged it.  If you find yourself without
a client available, you can go to:

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Installing_Mumble

Please, run the client and then use the wizard to setup your audio.
The wizard is a little buggy, as I crashed it at least once. :-) The
defaults usually works.

Here is the server configuration:

ip address: 54.187.88.134
DNS name: ec2-54-187-88-134.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com

Feel free to use any of those.  Let me know if you can't connect.  If
you want to try it between yourself, that would rock.