Re: How we can improve our fundraising efforts

You raise a good point, Karen. Already Yorba and Elementary are doing
"small specific campaigns"/bug bounties (the way you described it, they
seemed synonymous to me):

http://elementaryos.org/journal/fix-bugs-get-paid
http://blogs.gnome.org/jnelson/tag/bounties/

Also, a highly desired feature for Telepathy has also been around for a
while:

https://freedomsponsors.org/core/issue/333/telepathy-should-support-otr-encryption

It seems like there are two variables in play here, the size/amount of
desired money of fundraiser & whether the fundraiser has specific
goal(s). So we have:

large & vague -- GNOME Privacy
large & specific -- Geary/Pitivi/Mediagoblin crowdfunding (where they
enumerated specific features)
small & vague -- Friend of GNOME
small & specific -- bug bounties

I wonder what is best for GNOME...