Re: revised the press release

Hi Calum!

Il 22/03/2013 13:06, Calum Benson ha scritto:

My initial reaction is that if I didn't already know what GNOME was, I'd probably have stopped reading by the time I
got to the quote in the fifth paragraph that gave me any clues :) (Yes, I know there's an obligatory "About
GNOME" section at the bottom, but people still tend to read press releases from top to bottom.)

The all-important first paragraph, in particular, seems particularly light on useful details:

IMHO, I believe we should be more proud to be part of a project such a GNOME. I'm sure we don't need to detail explain what GNOME is and what GNOME makes: GNOME is THE leader in free software DE/project, and I'm sure journalists know it.

A press release gives a news and a journalist want to know that news. What are we announcing? That GNOME 3.8 has been released. The institutional sections of About GNOME gives all the information about GNOME itself, but I believe we're here to celebrate a new release, not to explain what GNOME is: be proud to be part of GNOME, be sure other people know it.

My two cents,

Cheers,

Flavia