Re: GNOME Promo Video Animation Mockup

Hi Bastian,

Thanks so much for this. I'm sorry I've been so slow to respond. I've
got a few ideas about video content in general - I hope they're
useful.

First, one of the outcomes of the marketing hackfest is that we're
pushing for all our marketing materials to be consistent with our
brand guidelines. This includes both the content of the messaging as
well as the visual style. I'm still working on this, but there are
resources you can refer to [1, 2].

Second, there are a few places where we have discussed the need for
video assets in the past. The first is for the GNOME 3 page [3], to
show off some features. For example, it would be great to have "Watch
the video - connecting GNOME 3 to your online accounts". We used to
have something like this that Jason Clinton did for the 3.0 release,
but those videos are now too out of date to use.

The other thing that we've talked about is doing a series of short
interviews with GNOME contributors and turning them into a short film.
I think that we often struggle because the GNOME project remains
faceless, and am always inspired when I hear about why our
contributors do what they do. Putting those faces and stories on the
screen would be really cool. This is something we might film at
GUADEC, and it would be great to have help with editing and
processing.

Allan

[1] https://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/DraftBrandGuidelines
[2] https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-marketing/blob/master/brand/brand-visuals.png