Re: 3.8 Release Planning

Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
I can do the press release, I did part of it last time.  I'll figure out how
to get the quotations.

That would be great, Sri! First thing to do is to figure out who we
want to approach.

We need some press contacts.  I know that Vincent has volunteered to be our
media guy.  Vincent, can you handle media questions?

We have a list of contacts already. We just needs someone send out
emails and field questions.

We have one volunteer for videos by the way, just need to get a reasonable
build for him to try.  We had discussed this earlier . It is a nice extra I
think.  Possibly, Bastian can do some screenshots as well.

Video content would be fantastic of course...

I can help out some with the release notes as well and social media.   I
will ask for more volunteers on the social networking sites becuase we still
have pending stuff to do on the annual report. :/

One thing we need are blog posts and interviews that can be published
in the run up to the release. We can then push those out on the social
media channels.