Re: Expectations of 'Classic' mode

Well, as the distinguishing feature (or one that stands out, anyway) is the fact that it goes back to the older style with panels, why not call it "GNOME Panels"?

Though Classic didn't sound too bad to me, it isn't technically the classic GNOME anymore, so why not break from the name.

Brett

On Feb 15, 2013 6:37 AM, "Matthias Clasen" <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 5:52 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:

> Note that various distributions (e.g. Ubuntu) created a 'classic'
> session which included gnome-panel. Reusing the name might create
> confusion.
>
> Btw: no clue who decided upon 'classic' and if it is changeable. But
> like to run it by marketing.

It wasn't exactly decided; it is just a name that showed up and then
stuck; I fear it is too late to change now.