Re: Proposing to change logo to a happy smiling garden gnome

On 2013-12-09 17:11, Liam R E Quin wrote:
On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 19:17 +0100, Michael Hasselmann wrote:
Hi list,

http://www.simonscat.com/Blog/2013-12-09/Meet-the-Gnome/ convinces me
that garden gnomes -- despite the obvious pun -- could be a nice mascot
for our community, something the current logo never really managed to
do.
A mascot and a logo serve different functions in strengthening a brand.

The gnome foot logo is very well recognised and I wouldn't suggest
changing it (and not only because I don't wear shoes...)

But adding a mascot could be fine. I suppose the garden gnome would have
the gnome logo on his/her chest, and presumably also would leave bare
gnome footprints behind as he/she walked :D

I bet Andreas could make adorable GNOME silhouettes that would work in nicely with the awesome birds and cats and tea kettles. If he wanted to, that is... :)

karen